Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Grove!!!

Another thing that was built after Kasey left Los Angeles... "The Grove". I'm not quite sure what we did before this was built. The Grove is an outdoor walkway with restaurants, a movie theatre, tons of shops, a trolley ride, music and a beautiful dancing fountain.

It was nighttime so I took a photo from the 7th floor of the parking garage...the first neon sign on the left says "The Grove" and is above the movie theatre, the Cheesecake Cactory is next on the right, followed by a 3 story Barnes & Noble...they also build a Santa's house on the walkway during the holidays...

This is Morel's, one of the several restaurants offering outdoor seating on the walkway...
But Auntie Beth was there for the movies, a midnight movie no less!

This is the 15 screen movie theater that we just call "the Grove"...

On my way inside, I saw this movie poster...my friend Mike helped build the "wild things" for this movie so I'm excited to see it!

This is the foyer...that is an upstairs balcony for the two big theatres...on any Saturday or Sunday night, there are over 1000 people coming in and out of this lobby at any given time...every seat is sold for all 15 movies!

A closer look with better lighting...

Here's where you buy the tickets for your movie...the yellow lights are at the bottom of the sign which tells you which movies are playing...all 6 of these cash registers have a line at least 20 people long most nights...that's why I only go to midnight movies:-)
I couldn't fit the whole snack counter into one photo, so I did my best...but again, there are usually 6 cash registers with a line 20 people long most nights...CRAZY!

My movie was on the left a few doors down...this long hallway leads to the majority of the theaters...I'm always thrilled when my movie is playing right next to the ladies' room!
I love you lots, and miss you more-
xooxxoAuntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

1 comment:

  1. when we went to visit kasey we totally walked through the grove...

    ReplyDelete