Friday, January 15, 2010

Auntie Beth Gets Surgery-Part 2

This time Auntie Beth needed to remove the sunspot, beautymark, mole thingie on her left eyebrow bone...so Dr. M. cut a small part of my skin out for a biopsy and then burnt off the rest...I didn't feel it at all, at least until the numbing agent wore off:-)
Right after my appointment on Thursday, my eye was swollen and I had to keep the fresh cut/burn covered...Auntie Beth looks so tired with her droopy eyes:-)
Just a closer look at my beautiful bandage...so many strangers looked at me with pity on the way to my car at the hospital, and I got many encouraging smiles as I walked in the post office...

On Friday, Auntie Beth took off the bandage to reveal a very swollen & throbbing eye...the red mark in the center is where Dr. M. cut for tests...the area around that mark may only look swollen but it is actually raw as well...the laser burns and closes off the blood flow to the wound so there is no blood, just raw open nerve endings...OUCH!
I lowered my eyelid a bit so you could see all the swelling...but I can really only open that left eye halfway anyway...
...which looks more like this when I smile...opened a bit wider when I'm not smiling...
Yesterday I realized that I arch my left eyebrow alot when I speak...I stopped doing that pretty quickly when I felt the resulting pain:-)
The good thing is that now Auntie Beth is DONE with her tests and everything is fine, and she got it out of the way and she is healthy...but it also explains why Auntie Beth skipped a day of blogging!
I'm getting back on the pilates horse on Saturday, followed by my playdate with Ben...and of course, Sunday is my rescheduled playdate with Cyrus...we are seeing "The Spy Next Door" because "The Tooth Fairy" changed its first day in theatres to next weekend...
When you kids go back to school on Monday, Auntie Beth has to start working 60+ hours a week on taxes, so I'm gonna do my best to enjoy my last weekend of freedom!!!
I love you lots, and I miss you more-
xoxoAuntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

1 comment: