Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Playdate With Ben...and Randal & Lurene's Anniversary!

Randal had to work on his real anniversary November 24th, so he & Lurene went out to celebrate on Saturday night...
The Grimms have started a tradition of taking a family photo every anniversary which they proudly display in a special frame...until it is replaced by a new photo the following year of course...this is one of the photos from our picture-taking escapade:-)
Once Mom & Dad leave, Ben is all about testing how far he can push Auntie Beth...it's very cute because he already knows it's not very far...but here he is trying to convince me that being two inches from the tv is good for him...I swear, I thought he was gonna climb into the tv! True, I did let him do this long enough to take a photo, but then I promptly moved him:-)
My little multi-tasker...Ben wanted to play with his barnyard animals, but did not want to miss anything on Nick, Jr....so one hand on the animals, head turned toward the tv...shortly hearafter, Auntie Beth turned off the tv and gently shoved Ben toward a walk outside...which he promptly turned into a 45 minute run...Ben has never done this to me before and after an hour of pilates earlier in the day, Auntie Beth was tired...
As soon as we got back inside, Auntie Beth threw herself on the chase lounge in the living room (see photo of Randal on Thanksgiving)...she did not say hello to Mickey Mouse because she hadn't seen him yet...yep, the Grimm house is decked out for the holidays already!

This is Ben's reaction to not being able to get himself up on the chase with me...it's his "hey, no fair, help me" look...
...then Ben starts to roll around, knowing that I won't let him fall off...I love that he trusts me so much now...
...and Ben takes a bit of a lounge while Auntie Beth pats him...once Ben got what he wanted, which was the security of knowing I was there and ready with attention, he got sick of me:-)
...and slid off, with the help of Auntie Beth of course, to the foot of the chase...
...then Ben got so secure that all I could see was the top of his little blonde head:-)
This was his final act of independence, walking clear across the room from me---I just wasn't quick enough to catch his defiant look on camera...
I saw this box when I was leaving the Grimm house and it was painfully obvious that I had to take a picture...turns out this was actually a box from 13's apartment on the show "House"...makes more sense now:-)
Auntie Beth had a class tonight so I took a picture to show you how I looked today...you guys get bigger & you change between my visits, and so does Auntie Beth!
I love you lots, and miss you more-
xo Auntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

No comments:

Post a Comment