Monday, June 7, 2010

After Ben's Birthday I was off to Derek's 7th Birthday Party!!!

Derek is the son of my tax client Scott whom I have known for 6 years. As a single dad, Scott has done amazingly well because Derek is a gem. When Derek was 4, 5 & 6 he came to the tax appointment with his Dad so we could all hang out. This past year, Scott married Kim, Derek's stepmother and biggest fan!
Derek is the blonde surfer boy...how cute is he? Derek co-celebrated birthdays with his friend Leonidas on his right. Kim is in the upper left hand corner of this picture helping with the cakes she made.
Derek is patiently waiting for everyone to gather around the cakes....never a problem in our family:-) Derek's cake was in the shape of a DeathStar...for serious!!!
I finally got Derek's attention for a split second...lots and lots of people running around this church hall!
... and there's a half smile when Derek didn't think I was clicking:-)
Derek invited me over for dinner last Sunday night and we had asparagus, artichokes and coconut rice...none of which Auntie Beth eats very often...so it was fun to try new stuff. I must've been a good guest because I was invited again this Sunday for Father's Day dinner!
The little girls sat at the tables but the boys were happy to eat their cake while sitting on the floor. I was just waiting for someone to kick Derek's cup of water while running past him...
Got lots to catch up on so I'm on to editing another post...
I love you lots and miss you more-
xooxAuntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

No comments:

Post a Comment