Saturday, February 20, 2010

Night Out With Kevin on February 11th

My friend Kevin lived right down the hall from me for 9 years...but last spring, Kevin bought his own condo a few miles away...since then, we haven't seen each other nearly enough...so on Thursday night (February 11th) we did our fave thing-- going to Chin Chin restaurant on Sunset to partake of the orange chicken!
Kevin is a bit uptight about appearances so he felt unready for this photo to be taken...but I refused to take it again because I like unplanned photos best...on a separate note, the blackberry cell phone thingies make me crazy because everyone is always checking them...checking email throughout dinner? C'mon! This happened to be a work email so I gave Kevin a break!
As I said, Kevin cares about appearances more than I do, so this is me getting super frustrated because Kevin was telling me to fix my hair this way and that before he would even take the photo...give me a break:-)
Kevin was very annoyed by the flippy hair pointing outward on the side of my head...I told him to suck it up...
Chin Chin is a very cool little Chinese place in the Sunset plaza...you can sit inside or outside and peopling watching is a fave past time as you eat...lots of people walk by!
we decided to sit outside to be closer to the people passing by...and away from the restrooms because Chin Chin is small and Auntie Beth won't sit anywhere in a restaurant where she can see the bathroom doors...

since it was the beginning of February, we partook of this strange California phenomena called patio heat lamps...all of these fixtures on the ceiling of the outdoor porch get very hot and keep you toasty even though you are enjoying a more open space...very cool, and not something you ever see in CT!
This was the table across from ours and was much prettier because noone had messed it up yet...love love love Chin Chin!
After our amazing orange chicken fiesta, Kevin and I headed to the Arclight cinemas to see a "Valentines Day" preview showing...to no avail because it was sold out:-( Don't worry, we just traveled down the street to The Grove theatres for "The Tooth Fairy" instead.
This little electric car was in the parking structure at Arclight and I was instantly giggling....these cars are becoming very popular in Los Angeles for local driving, but I had never seen one decorated so nicely...at one point, Auntie Meg had a comforter that was pink and green so this car reminded me of her...
How creative are these ladies? They are like "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" except with lipstick:-)
I wanted to wait around and ask for a ride in this cute buggy, but that might've scared them, ya know? :-P

Auntie Beth is working away at taxes, helping 4 people every day except Sundays...I asked my clients to be more prepared this year, and my request seems to have helped. There is not as much stress for me, and I'm getting stuff done more quickly so I have some time for me...
but of course I am anxiously awaiting my relaxing weekend as Molly's BFF in April...and then my long Memorial Day weekend with the fam in May...love when I have cool plans to think about...
I love you lots, and I miss you more-
oxxo Auntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

2 comments:

  1. If it was just me I would so get that car! It's flippin cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you are back - we missed you! I love these two posts - a few more glimpses into your life. We love you and miss you and can't wait until april!

    ReplyDelete