Saturday, February 20, 2010

Best Valentine's Day EVER:-)

Ben and I always stay at the house and take walks around the neighborhood and watch Nick, Jr...so what a delight to go out with him and his parents for Valentines dinner...our first trip out together:-)
Yes, Ben really was fascinated by the revolving sign at the mall...we had to wait 45 minutes for a table at the Wood Ranch Grill, so we walked around and visited the mall playscapes...

but Ben did not wait until he got to the actual playscapes...he saw this little girl running around and took off after her before we could stop him...
Here's Mom trying to catch him and Ben running toward Daddy who happened to be the loudest of us 3 adults asking him to come back...
Mom, Dad & Ben enjoying the scenery...Ben only stays up in your arms for so long...he makes sure you want him up there and then he squirms to be let down...I love how he just wants reassurance that the love and attention is available, then off he goes...At the bottom of the escalator was this store simply called Colin's...it's a womenswear store so our Colin would never own it but still....

a closer look...how cool is that?
and then just around the corner near the playscape? A Kelly's...apparently the planners were thinking of Uncle Colin when they built this mall...

Dinner at Wood Ranch Grill was delicious...the Grimms treated Auntie Beth like a queen and paid for dinner...such a great Valentines Day, so full of love...Ben really likes playing with ice and the food was taking a while because the restaurant was so crowded...my very first dinner out with Ben!!!
Impromptu shot of my friend Randal...we met in New York City in 1998,and I can't imagine life without him as my good friend...and I got Lurene out of the deal when they got together...and then Ben...so my friendship with Randal has paid off in spades:-)

We went back to the Grimm house to watch "The Upside Down Show" after dinner...Ben curled right up next to me...I love how comfortable he is with me and how much he trusts me...it never ceases to amaze me...we've got something very special!
Notice Auntie Beth's pink dress with flowers for Valentines Day...yep, I got dressed up for the best Valentines date I've ever had...BEN! And of course his parents...but BEN!!!
I am a very lucky lucky lady to have so many people I love and who love me in my life...that includes you:-)
I love you lots, and I miss you more-
xoxo Auntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Valentines Day! So jealous that you are wearing sleeveless in February

    ReplyDelete