Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tuesday...

This is how I hide from my life...and how I play "where's Auntie Beth?" with Ben..
This is the food court at our Beverly Center Mall...very happening place and one of the few malls within a few miles of us Hollywood people...3 floors of shopping magic with a Macy's and a Bloomie's...

Yep Molly, the mall has its own Claire's...it's the first store right next to the food court so I never miss it:-)

These are the three floors of the mall as seen from the top floor looking into the center of the mall...the white specks at the top of the photos hanging down in columns are actually small strings of Christmas lights...the wires on either side of the photo are for the arial act for the holiday show...
I saw a movie after hours so the mall was closed and these girls were practicing their routine...the girl standing in the wire ball is the performer...she climbs onto this sphere of steel bars and performs 20 feet off the ground...I couldn't use a flash or I might startle them!
There are two girls on this sphere in the air...one on each side hanging upside down, holding on by their feet...scared the heck out of me!!!
It's now dark out by 5:30 pm in Los Angeles but just to show you that Californians are crazy about the holidays too...Christmas lights in the bushes since this weekend!!!
This is the corner of Melrose and Gardner, right down the street from me, where Jay Leno famously interviewed jaywalkers for his talk show...
You can't say I didn't try...even waited through the green light to get a better photo but the darkness was not giving it up!!!
One of my neighbors does such a hullaboo for Halloween that they leave everything up until Thanksgiving, fully lit after midnight and all!!!
This is considered progress, People...at least the laundry is clean now...harumpphhhh...

O.K. now I'm peeking out from beneath my turtle shell...it's like the laundry-progress which doesn't really seem like progress...we shall see what I feel like tomorrow:-)
I love you lots, and miss you more-
xoxo Auntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

2 comments:

  1. I'm still checking your blog religiously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth,
    I love, love, love your hair!!
    Auntie Leenie

    ReplyDelete