Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sunday Playdate with Ben-SplishSplash

Ben calls bathtime splishsplash...and because Auntie Beth keeps calling it a tubby, thank you H-W kids, he is starting to understand me when I say "let's take a tubby"...I always correct myself and say "oops, I mean let's go splishsplash" but I never get it right the first time!
Notice the frog cover on the faucet...so Ben doesn't hurt himself...

The entire bathroom is done in frogs...notice the lillypads on the shower curtain...and of course my cute Godson wondering what the heck Auntie Beth is doing...

Ben has many toys in the bathtub but Auntie Beth sprayed him with this ear suction device the first few times I did bath time with Ben, and now he grabs for it the minute I put him in the bathtub! Ben can now put the suction ball under the water, squeeze it until it fills with water and then spray it...at me:-)

O.K., this is the smile I got in response to my request for one big smile and then I'd let him go back to playing uninterrupted...how good is my Ben??? This natural, huge, amazing smile the minute I asked for it...my cup runneth over!
Yeah, you gotta take a closer look...amazing!!! And look at all those teeth...gotta admit they scare me a bit:-) Ben turns 2 today, May 21st...and I'm going to his birthday party on Saturday at 11 a.m. Randal's parents will be visiting from Montana, as well as Randal's brother & family from Las Vegas...can't wait!

I wasn't kidding about the frogs in the bathroom...look at the frog soap dispenser, the frog toothbrush holder...the frog handtowels...and the frog wastebasket which must be put up out of Ben's reach...although Ben has never been a "throw it away" toddler, he did throw his Mom's wedding ring away in the kitchen garbage a few months back...yikes!!!!

and finally, notice the frog handtowels behind me...and Auntie Beth's orange t-shirt said "rainbows make me happy"...because they do.

Ben's favorite thing to do is read and his favorite toys are animals, so we read alot of books about animals...can you believe it? Ben's mom, Lurene, left out pajamas for him and they happen to have rainforest frogs on them...in keeping with our frog theme of this blog entry, I got Ben to put the book down, stand up, smile for the camera, and...
off he goes...laughing hysterically...took me 3 minutes to get him back into his room for his bedtime books...yep, he fooled me-he is almost 2 , you know:-)
I love you lots, and I miss you more-
xoxoAuntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKY

No comments:

Post a Comment