Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brendan with Auntie Beth=Bliss on Sunday night 9/6

This is the very first night Auntie Meg let me keep Brendan while she went home with Lila to try and get some sleep. Yeah, I begged.
Brendan and I walked outside around the cul-de-sac, watched the stars, sang silly songs and rocked until he fell asleep. It didn't last long but I was so in love that I needed to take our self-potrait to commemorate the moments. It is not as easy as it looks to take good photos of yourself with a sleeping baby whom you must ensure is not jostled lest he become upset...





My first truly pathetic unsuccessful shot of the night---because the baby is the important part of the photo and all... but my available arm was not good with aiming the camera. I was trying to get a photo of Brendan's facial angles that make him most seem like himself to me.
I thought he looked more like Lila in this photo above. I think I was looking for more of a photo that would captured his "Birdie" appeal.

I was still getting a Lila feel, and my arm was now stuck at a very specific angle...
so I decided to try a shot from the front, and lost the baby entirely...oops!

Wait, he reminds me of Lila even more from the front...so now I was thinking that perhaps Brendan looks like his sister, dork, and that's why all the photos remind you of her...

I then decided to try to get my face closer to Brendan and use the flash...it kind of worked to get a bit of the birdie appeal in the photo...even if I look like his scary ghost aunt.

Finally, my Brendan photo with birdie appeal...which look strangely like the first photo of this blog entry...shouldn't have messed with a good thing:-)
And last but not least my fave photo from our session...Brendan is so gorgeous, so tiny, so amazing...it is a night I will never forget!!! Thanks Megalegs for entrusting me with your little pumpkin.
I love you lots, and I miss you more-
xoxoAuntie Beth/Bethie/Beppy GBAKYS

No comments:

Post a Comment